The Section of Plastic Surgery is an active and growing Section with 16 clinical faculty and several research faculty. We are seeking an Administrative Assistant Intermediate staff member to support several faculty members in their clinical, research and educational work and a Project Manager.
The successful candidate will have to exercise initiative, independent judgment, diplomacy, a service oriented attitude and follow-through. We are looking for a team member with excellent attention to detail and some familiarity with Michigan Medicine policies and procedures. The ability to prioritize and meet deadlines is essential as is discretion in handling sensitive and/or confidential matters.
- Manage complex calendars, schedule meetings and other appointments using MS Outlook.
- Assist with planning educational symposia and other Section wide events.
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements for faculty on domestic and international engagements and submit travel reports using the Concur system.
- Assist faculty with the completion of quarterly reports, re-credentialing, relicensure and recertification.
- Maintain curriculum vitae in MCV and in Word.
- Reconcile Statement of Activity for CME and other project/grants.
- Transcribe and edit all internal and external correspondence, manuscripts, grant applications and reviews using advanced medical terminology.
- Screen, prioritize and route all written and electronic correspondence, and phone calls while responding and/or acting on behalf of the faculty, when appropriate.
- Requires a high school education or equivalent and two to four years of experience.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook Calendar required.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a dedicated team.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully complete multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines is required.
- Must be able to take direction from several different people and have proven ability to prioritize tasks with conflicting deadlines, handle frequent interruptions and meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent organization skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated editing, proofing and writing experience.
- Ability to write clear and concise correspondence; ability to interact effectively with various stakeholders.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and team player attitude
- Proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Concur, Blue Jeans,
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and regularly exercise judgment in setting priorities
- Ability to manage a fast paced professional work environment
- Experience with off-site meeting/event coordination.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Two to four years of experience in an Administrative role preferred.
Monday through Friday 8am - 5pm
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.