How to Apply
A cover letter and resume are required. The cover letter must be PAGE 1 of your resume and should:
- Specifically outline the reasons for your interest in the position.
- Outline your particular skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Please furnish professional references:
- Must be highly recommended by at least one professional associate (administrator, teacher, counselor).
Wolverine Pathways Teaching Assistant
This is a part-time temporary position. We require your full commitment to the program session dates for which you are applying.The University of Michigan Wolverine Pathways was established to increase the high school graduation rate, college acceptance, and retention rates of academically promising scholars. The Wolverine Pathways teachers assistants will provide exemplary service and expertise in their given subject area of E/LA or math to the communities of Ypsilanti, Southfield, and/or Detroit. They will
co-facilitate the program for highly motivated 7th - 12th grade scholars.
Teachers assistants co-teach pre-developed curriculum to highly motivated students during the seven week winter session.
E/LA, Science, or Math Teacher Assistant:
Mandatory professional development,Saturday, January 12, 2019
Session Dates: Saturday, January 19, 2019 - Saturday, March 16, 2019.
Professional Development date/time below:
January 12, 2019 Professional Development time TBD
Winter session tentative dates/times below:
- January 19, 2019 Academic Week 1 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- January 26, 2019 Academic Week 2 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- February 2, 2019 Academic Week 3 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- February 9, 2019 Academic Week 4 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- March 2, 2019 Academic Week 5 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- March 9, 2019 Academic Week 6 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- March 16, 2019 Academic Week 7 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m
- Classes of 23 or fewer.
- All scholars are application vetted honor roll students.
- Teaching sites located in Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor, Southfield, and Detroit.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.