The West Ann Arbor Health Center – Parkland Plaza is the newest Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located 380 Parkland Plaza in Ann Arbor. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points:
Describe your background and qualifications and why you believe you would be a good fit for this position at the West Ann Arbor Health Center.
Outline your service excellence skills and experiences which would be applicable to this position.
In your most recent position, how was service excellence emphasized?
Describe a situation in which a customer or colleague was upset and the steps you took to resolve the issue to a reasonable conclusion.
Provide exceptional patient centered excellence to patients and families. Facilitate the billing and cash collection process for NHC primary care, specialty, ancillary services.
Review and consider appropriate action to be taken on complex patient accounts.
Reconcile patient account balances and obtain prior authorization as needed.
May perform insurance billing, including reviewing and verifying insurance accounts against program provisions (e.g., Medicare, BlueCross).
Post charges and payments in a timely manner.
Review charge reports for accuracy and completeness including cash reconciliation and deposits.
Manage daily work queues for all primary and specialty services.
Provide relevant insurance information and updates to staff, providers and managers (e.g. managed care changes, terminated contracts).
Work closely with providers, clerical and billing staff on charge capture processes to understand and proactively identify and resolve billing issues. Interact effectively between units and individuals.
Assist in developing new process and procedures within the clinic.
Mentor, orient and support new staff and assist with on-the-job training.
Provide input on clerical staff performance and on-going improvement plans.
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- 3-4 years of experince
- Must have knowledge of front end systems (MiChart, Cadence, Resolute, Web Denis, M-Connect, I/Observer, etc.) and front end processes (Check-in, Check-out) including ICD-10 and CPT coding.
- Experience and knowledge of health care patient insurance, hospital billing and collection. Proven financial counseling experience for health care patients, including patient payment plans and financial aid assistance.
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
- Adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; and demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Candidates must be able to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, handling multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must demonstrate problem solving skills, proficient computer and keyboarding skills, and excellent attendance.
- Experience within an ambulatory setting
- Experience with an electronic medical record
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
Monday through Friday daytime hours.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.