How to Apply
To apply for this position, please include a copy of your resume & a cover letter (this should be the first page of your resume) – click the Apply Now button above.
Your cover letter should:
- Specifically outline the reasons for your interest in the position;
- Outline your particular skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Salary for this internship will be $15.00 per hour.
Come join a team of passionate and hard-working individuals at a non-profit serving Michigan’s public universities, colleges, K-12 organizations, libraries, state government, healthcare and other Michigan non-profit organizations! This position will be an integral part of the Merit Network team.
The Microsite Intern will be responsible for assisting both the IPv6 Program Manager and the Director of Marketing to support the microsite and online content library for the program. This position will be a term-limited internship expected to end in May 2019. Duties will include curating files, photography, videos and online training resources for dispersion to program members, in addition to administrative duties such as calendar and invitation management, program communications and more. The student will work closely with outside website development vendors to display content and determine and manage microsite UX/UI and architecture. Experience with WordPress or other WYSIWYG content management systems are a plus.
This internship will provide an in-depth look into IPv6 best practices, transition hurdles and program coordination, as well as a robust experience in event logistics, content management systems and user experience architecture for microsites. This student will have the opportunity to provide tangible results and hands-on assistance to public universities in Michigan.
Check out our website: https://www.merit.edu/
Essential functions for this position are followed by an (E).
As the Microsite Intern, this position’s key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Website UX/UI, Architecture and Content Management (70%)
- Work with microsite programming vendors to design optimal UX/UI for online learning environment (E)
- Curate and deliver/upload content repositories for use on microsite (E)
- Develop timelines for deliverables with contractors and resolve contractor issues (E)
- Conduct surveys of existing repositories and develop reports of these findings (E)
Event/Program Logistics and Support (20%)
- Support IPv6 onsite events, in collaboration with the Marketing and Events team (E)
- Provide logistics support for IPv6 events when needed
- Build and manage training calendars (E)
- Develop program and training communications (E)
- Current college student working towards a degree in Marketing, Business, Hospitality, Communications, or related major, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to think and work independently
- Understanding and experience with website development and architecture
- Excellent communication skills, writing, proofreading and speaking
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Proven ability to accurately generate reports
- Demonstrated understanding of website/microsite best practices
- Ability to logistically support multiple complex projects and timelines
- Experience coordinating with creative contractors and freelancers
- Basic understanding of IPv6
- Working knowledge of WordPress or other content management WYSIWYGs
- Experience with social media and communications best practices
- Knowledge of university policies, procedures and regulations, and of the university administrative and functional organization
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job operates in a professional environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee (with or without accommodations) to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Employee must frequently work at computer station, answer telephone calls, emails, and/or other forms of customer/client communication. Employee may on occasion be required to move items of various sizes and weights throughout the office or building.
The University of Michigan/Merit Network Inc. conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- If you have any questions regarding this job, please contact: email@example.com
- If you need assistance completing this application, please call (734) 615-2000, option 1
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.