Scrub and circulate multi specialty surgical cases in a fast-paced outpatient setting. Nursing responsibilities are assigned under the clinical supervision of a nurse manager. Direct pre, intra, and postoperative patient care of a multi-specialty surgical population. Transfer patients as needed and prepare rooms between cases. Participate in on-going QA activities.
Nursing Specific Info
Salary & Nursing Framework Level:
This UMPNC RN posting is posted as Nursing Framework LEVEL C.
Actual Nursing Framework LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
Nursing Framework levels range from Level A to Level E.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period.
Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort.
Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current Licensure to practice nursing in the State of Michigan
- Recent Operating Room experience (within 2 years). Current Ortho experience required.
- Previous experience, scrubbing and circulating, Orthopedic Sports cases (Knee, Shoulder, Hip, Arthroscopy, Open Orthopedic cases, hand, foot and ankle and advanced ear/ENT procedures.)
- Hands on experience with Orthopedic implants, allographs, anchors, plates and screws
- Ability to meet functional job requirements.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position
- Previous Ambulatory surgery experience.
- Previous Charge Nurse Experience
- Ortho/sports circulating and scrubbing with in the past two years
- ENT or Vascular experience in addtition to ortho experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn and /or maintain specialty service information
- Self-motivated individual with excellent organizational skills
- CNOR Certification
- ACLS certified
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with ability to work as a team member
- Demonstrated professional interactions with peers and surgical colleagues
Hours/Week: 40 hours/week
Shift/Hrs/Days: Day shift (8a-6p)
Location: East Ann Arbor Surgery Center
All new employees will be expected to float to a designated unit(s) in times of low census.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.