How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Business Development and Marketing Assistant Director is responsible for managing Michigan Language Assessment’s ambitious business growth targets through leading the business development and marketing functions. This will include managing a global marketing and communications strategy, and managing a business development and marketing team in the USA and internationally.
As a member of the senior management team, the Business Development and Marketing Assistant Director contributes to the development and delivery of the organization’s strategic objectives and business plan.
- Ensure annual sales targets (revenue and entries) are achieved based on the approved strategic business plan. Manage the sales pipeline using CRM, making recommendations on priorities and remedial actions in order to maximize sales.
- Devise and implement an annual strategic marketing plan that is fully aligned to the strategic business plan, and which focuses on key products, markets, segments, and brand awareness. Oversee the implementation of tactical marketing plans both centrally and locally within key markets.
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic partners and key accounts, and build significant business with them. Manage these accounts using our CRM system to maximize revenue and impact potential.
- Provide customer and market insight into the development of new products, and any revisions to existing products, ensuring that the product portfolio is fit for purpose, meets the needs of existing and target customers in key markets, and is competitive.
- Manage the business development and marketing staff in the USA and key overseas markets, developing and supporting the team, and ensuring the effective delivery of business growth plans internationally.
- As a member of the senior management team, contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of the long-term strategic business plan and the overall success of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing / business or related field
- Fluent English speaker
- Proven sales ability
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Strong people management skills
- Ability to operate at a strategic level
- Strong analytical skills
- Competent in standard IT software packages, including Microsoft Office suite and CRM (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience in the education sector
- Working with an international customer base
- Significant management experience
- Master’s degree in Marketing/MBA
- Fluent Spanish speaker; speaker of Portuguese; speaker of other languages
- Knowledge of digital marketing
- Strong presentation, negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong financial management skills
- Ability to brief graphic designers and copywriters
- Experience in ELT/exams
- International sales/marketing experience
- Experience managing remote staff
More information can be found about our organization here: https://michiganassessment.org/
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.