Highly motivated individual sought for a Research Laboratory Specialist Associate position in a fundamental research laboratory in the Department of Pharmacology, at Michigan Medicine. The selected candidate will work closely with the lab PI to help assist in research projects focused on GPCR and heterotrimeric G protein signaling mechanisms.
- Will develop, design and conduct research experiments in line with the overall research plan, review progress and evaluate results (with supervision from the PI and senior members of the laboratory).
- Will formulate research methods and suggest options for improving quality, identify potential problems, recommend and implement solutions.
- Will conduct analysis of data, and interpret and implement research methodology.
- Responsible for daily laboratory operations, including ordering/inventory, maintenance of OSEH compliance, preparing animal protocols, hazardous waste disposal, may approve time sheets, and organization and maintenance of lab databases.
- May supervise exempt and non-exempt research and support personnel.
- Responsible for the maintenance of a small animal breeding colony and will serve has health contact for core animals.
- Will oversee the laboratories’ scheduled cultured cell line growth and maintenance operation (tissue culture).
- May act as liaison with other departments, divisions or organizations.
- Employees are required to have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a recognized field of science which is directly related to the duties of the position.
- 1 to 3 years related experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.