How to Apply
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit the following:
- Letter of interest specifically addressing:
- Interest in PA education
- Prior experience working with PAs
- Experience in medical education
- Current role in Michigan Medicine
- Networking skills
- Current CV
Materials must be submitted to Dyanna Scott for consideration. Applications for this position will be processed as they are received and this position will remain opened until filled. Questions regarding the posting or application process, please contact Dyanna Scott at:
College of Health Sciences
University of Michigan-Flint
The University of Michigan-Flint is seeking a part-time (.5 FTE) Medical Director for the developing Master of Science Physician Assistant Program (MSPA) Program. This will be a joint appointment with Michigan Medicine (.5 FTE), with a 3 year initial appointment period. Applicants for this position must be currently employed as a Clinical or Tenure track faculty member at Michigan Medicine.
The Medical Director shall provide knowledgeable medical guidance and support to the Program, and be a forward-thinking, collaborative leader in medicine. The Medical Director will help lead the program in developing superior clinical sites and will be involved in program and curriculum development. The Medical Director must have a strong commitment to achieve the mission of the UM-Flint MSPA Program, the College of Health Sciences, and the University of Michigan-Flint, as well as support the Program Director in all aspects of the program curriculum development and maintenance- both didactic instruction and supervised clinical experiences to assure the program meets current practice standards as they relate to the role of the PA in healthcare. The Medical Director will work closely with all faculty and staff and promote a positive work environment.
- Serves as a liaison and ambassador for the PA Program
- Participates in the development of the program's mission, goals, and curriculum
- Develops and maintains clinical rotation sites
- Assists with the development of the clinical curriculum
- Mentors clinical preceptors in their educational role for the PA program
- Assists in the student admissions process
- Provides didactic and clinical instruction in area of expertise
- Participates in the preparation of ARC-PA accreditation materials
- Participates in evaluating student performance
- Maintains active board certification and state licensure in Michigan
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Program Director
The medical director reports to and has performance evaluations conducted by the UM-Flint Physician Assistant Department Director under the overall direction of the Dean of the College of Health Sciences.
- Must currently be employed as a clinical or tenure track faculty member of Michigan Medicine to be eligible for consideration.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as clinically licensed physician (M.D. or D.O)
- Current board certification in the United States
- Experience with PA clinical education
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.