How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan, School of Nursing (UMSN) Clinical Learning Center (CLC) seeks a Laboratory Attendant who will report to the Simulation Technician. They will provide daily support to technical staff and the instructional faculty for smooth operation of the CLC that includes stocking supplies, booting up CLC mannequin/computer/video systems in the morning, setting up/monitoring rooms, and set-up/tear-down of simulations/labs/events.
- Stock supplies in the exam tables, bedside carts, and other designated areas on a regular basis
- Morning set-up for simulations/labs/events, including turning on mannequin/computer/video systems
- Monitor the rooms during scheduled hours
- Re-supply areas as necessary during scheduled events
- Set-up simulations and tear-down simulations and re-set across the morning
- Clean up after labs/simulations/events/OSCEs/check-offs
- Clean equipment including task trainers, models, IV pumps etc.
- Prepare student packets and sign-up sheets. Monitor student sign-ups.
- Work with the faculty to gather needed items for their labs and/or simulations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities.
Supervision is received from the Simulation Technician.
Hours per week: 20-25
Shift/Hours/Days: Mostly morning hours between 6:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., 4-5 days a week (generally Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday); with possible occasional weekend and/or evening hours.
Hourly rate: $12-15 per hour.
The School of Nursing seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan that extends world-wide, to fulfill the School’s strategic plan, and to sustain the excellence of the School of Nursing.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit: http://nursing.umich.edu/diversity/dei-faculty-and-staff.
Please visit http://www.nursing.umich.edu/ for more information about the School.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.