How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Logging and resolving or escalating all IT Service Desk tickets in a timely manner
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of local infrastructure such as; desktops, laptops, hardware and smart devices
- Assist with the implementation of any initiatives or projects
- Manage user expectation with regular & effective communication and updates
- Perform routine operational & administrative duties as directed by the IT team
- System, process, and knowledge base documentation creation and maintenance in an accurate and timely manner
- Stay current with technology and practices through study, reading, and training
- Associate degree in Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 1+ years of experience in an Information Technology role or customer service
- Ability to employ basic reasoning skills and exercise independent judgment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels within organization
- Familiarity with some or all of the following technologies: Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2012/2016, Microsoft Office, domain account management (Active Directory), scripting, software and hardware installation, registry, command line, help ticket systems, system management tools
- Demonstrated ability to leverage appropriate technical tools to perform day-to-day administration tasks, root-cause analysis and service restoration (such as backup, restore, failover, log interpretation, and performance monitoring) for Windows
- Experience with statistical computing programs (SAS, R, R-Studio)
- Bachelors Degree
ORGANIZATION: The Kidney Epidemiology and Cost Center (KECC) carries out research in epidemiology, public policy, economics, outcomes research relating to End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD), chronic kidney disease, and organ transplantation (http://www.kecc.sph.umich.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic staff (leader/member) with a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of our community.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.