How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Initial screening of all incoming clinic related phone calls using the Aspect phone system, receive/distribute mail/faxes, prepare mailings as needed
- Monitor/process information received through the fax server, MiChart work queues, staff/physician in baskets and other electronic systems
- Monitor/process information received back from weekly clinics
- Image documents, update MiChart in basket/referral notes, prior auth requests
- Assist in weekly clinics and pre/post clinic meetings, including set up and display of patient videos/photos
- Assist in scheduling both new and revisit clinic appointments, laboratory and diagnostic tests, and coordination of all types of patient appointments
- Track and retrieve lab/test results for review by MD/fellows, oversight of lab sendout process and receipt of written correspondence with families and referring physicians
- Coordinate release of information requests, draft letters of necessity for review by MD/fellows
- Coordinate clinic process: manage schedules, open/close/adjust clinic dates/times in coordination with the clinic liaison, establish yearly clinic schedules and absences, ensure necessary documents are scanned into EMR, alert referring physicians to any changes to patient referrals/appointments (unable to contact, clinic no show, etc)
- Return patient phone calls to relay information/changes to appointments, prescription changes, missing record information or other items per protocol
- Interface with insurance companies/patients related to prior authorization for clinic visits, prescriptions, diagnostic tests, radiology, etc. for both internal and external systems
- Work closely with faculty and other team members re: the various electronic systems and keep up with changes/enhancements of the systems
- A high school diploma, including courses in administrative assistant practices, word processing, bookkeeping or office procedure or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two to three years of highly responsible secretarial/administrative experience
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to set goals, organize/prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
- Ability to exercise good judgment and work both independently or as a member of our team
- Excellent computer skills: at a minimum master at Word/Excel
Evidence of qualifications is provided by previous employment, reference checks and/or performance evaluations
- Graduation from an MA, EMT, or LPN program or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Some experience with medical billing, CPT/ICD-10 codes
- An Associate’s degree in secretarial science or related field
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a clinical setting – preferably pediatric
- Considerable knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with MiChart, Cadence and/or other Michigan Medicine clinical applications
- Reasonable knowledge of Michigan Medicine policies and procedures
Evidence of qualifications is provided by previous employment, reference checks and/or performance evaluations.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.