Cover letter must accompany your resume.
- Work examples (if asked to come in for an interview) are requested.
- Research & writing skills will be assessed if asked to come in for an interview.
The University of Michigan Hospital System is seeking a compliance specialist to join its regulatory compliance team. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for evaluating compliance program effectiveness and provides compliance program support to the hospital system and its employees through policy development, education, and corrective action planning and assessments. The compliance specialist reports to the Directory of Regulatory Compliance.
- Support the organization's culture of compliance.
- Conduct comprehensive policy and process reviews to ensure organizations adherence to law and policy.
Provide program support, including support various committees & workgroups (SME, meeting facilitation, maintain agendas/minutes and other support).
- Respond to compliance customer support lines, including the hotline.
- Develop training aids and lead training initiatives.
- Develop policies, guidelines, procedures, and processes to improve compliance.
- Maintain proficiency in applicable regulations, standards, guidelines and trends in health law.
- Manage special projects and assist with completing work plan objectives as assigned.
- Robust writing & organizational skills.
- Strong project management skills and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct legal research, writing and advocacy.
- Proficient at interpreting and applying statues, regulations, and policies to situations
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Robust capacity to multitask.
Health care compliance experience (minimum 2 years).
Advanced degree in health law policy is desired
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.