How to Apply
Please apply directly to the job posting ID: 165552. Please include your cover letter, CV, and the names of at least 3 potential references as part of your application.
Applications will begin to be reviewed immediately and will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
The successful candidate will be responsible for synthesizing organic compounds, purifying to required purity level using chromatographic techniques and characterizing the compounds. He/she is also expected to maintain experimental data in the Signals notebook online.
- Synthesis and purification of new organic compounds
- Documentation of experimental procedures
- Preparation and submission of compounds for biological testing
- Ordering of supplies
- Maintenance of hood, bench and glassware
- BS degree in chemistry or related field
- At least 2 semesters of undergraduate research in organic synthesis
- Standard organic synthesis techniques including isolation of products, chromatographic purification, spectral analysis by NMR and MS
- Prior experience in literature search using Sci-finder and/or Reaxys
- Ability to read and understand patent applications
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.