How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the Hospital Facilities Maintenance department. The function of the Administrative Assistant is to support the management team by providing administrative support, data entry, and small project assignments under the direction of the management team.
Hospital Facilities Maintenance (HM) is responsible for the 24/7 operation and maintenance of the hospital and out-building infrastructure which includes but is not limited to the following systems: medical gases, HVAC, electrical power, water (process, domestic, and RO), pneumatic tube, life safety systems (doors, fire alarm, fire suppression, power), plumbing, electronic and pneumatic building controls, and interior and exterior architectural finishes.
- Supports or manages staff time keeping system for payroll.
- Manages a variety of recordkeeping systems inclusive of staff attendance, medical evaluations, training, overtime polling and logs, job postings, and regulatory compliance documentation as assigned.
- Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
- Supports and manages the daily huddle reports.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Performs administrative duties for management team inclusive of screening calls, managing calendars, making meeting and event arrangements, assisting with travel plans through FO-Finance (business office), training front line staff, and customer relations.
- Generate department memos, emails, or reports.
- Maintain office equipment inclusive of computers, cell phones, and copy machines.
- Answer incoming calls and receptionist duties.
- Administrative tasks in support of hiring committees inclusive of contacting potential candidates to establish interview timeframes, coordinating meeting locations, and candidate on-boarding.
- At least 2-4 years working in an office setting environment.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management
and staff, outsideclients, and vendors.
- Administrative project coordination experience.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
- Strong writing, grammar, and typing
(>40 words per minute) abilities.
- Proficient in general computer skills inclusive of Outlook email and calendars, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, basic image editing, Google or Box cloud based drives, Internet Explorer, and ability to learn new systems.
- Ability to re-prioritize assigned work daily and meet deadlines.
- High school Diploma.
- Creativity and enthusiasm in applying daily work
- Interest in engineering or a technical background.
40 hours per week, generally Monday through Friday from 7am to 3:30pm.
This position will support the Business Manager as a direct administrative assistant. Placement of the successful candidate will be determined based on experience, qualifications, and best overall fit within the department.
Facilities and Operations seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.