The goal of this posting is to add an ambitious, goal-directed, researcher to a thriving program of clinical database research aimed at the characterization and improvement of outcomes for patients with liver disease. The team includes investigators with track records of continuous funding from NIH, VA, PCORI, DOD, and industry such as Dr. Anna Lok, Akbar Waljee, Sameer Saini, Neehar Parikh and Elliot Tapper. The successful candidate will help publish high impact papers and partake in federal grant submissions.
- Analyze database of relational tables (often in SAS or STATA) using R or Python equivalent platform, develop and execute analytic guidelines with principal investigators, filling tables for manuscript preparation
- Analyze data from investigator-initiated retrospective or prospective clinical studies, advise on statistical analysis plan in research proposals, assist in preparing tables and figures for manuscripts
- Meeting weekly to discuss results, prepare reports on progress
- The successful candidate must have a Masters in Biostatistics, Public Health or an equivalent field.
- 1-3 years of professional experience.
- The candidate must have experience working with large data in relational tables in SAS such as Medicare data or similar sources, and have knowledge/experience developing and executing regression/survival analyses that incorporate data from relational tables and includes time-varying covariates.
- Proficiency with R, SAS, or Python is expected. Excellent record keeping and organization skills is a must. The successful candidate should provide examples of prior work and references that attest to past experience.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.