- Provide excellent customer service to patients and families in the Medical Procedures Unit; supporting all clerical positions in unit- appointment scheduling, telephone triage, patient arrival, prep desk coordination and billing.
- Greet and check-in each patient for procedure.
- Accurately and efficiently schedule patient appointments utilizing Cadence.
- Management of pre-arrival functions to assure all necessary information has been obtained for clinic visits.
- Serve as a resource for physicians and other staff, patients, and outside third parties for insurance authorizations and other managed care related issues.
- Notify patients of appointment changes, rescheduled appointment and review all prep instructions.
- Complete pre-procedure phone calls to remind patients of necessary procedure preparations and answer any patient questions in accordance with established guidelines.
- Schedule new and return visits as indicated during discharge process and process patient paperwork for billing.
- Maintain and tabulate clinic data as needed.
- Prepare unit correspondence for mailing.
- Place orders for patient nutrition, office supplies, patient forms and other items.
- In accordance with specified guidelines and designated by MPU management, contribute to MiChart responsibilities.
- Participate in Lean in Daily Work.
- Participate in creating efficient patient flow coordinating with nursing/medical assistant staff and faculty.
- Excellent attendance record.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team setting.
- 2-3 years of experience.
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Working knowledge of MiChart (Cadence, EpicCare).
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care environment.
- 3 years experience in customer service setting.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.