The Office of Patient Experience is committed to promoting and sustaining the ideal patient experience through excellence in patient and family centered care. Each employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the empathy we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The Office of Patient Experience is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to ensure that Michigan Medicine maintains excellence in the safety, quality, and experiencein care.
The Patient Access Senior Analyst position serves as a subject matter expert on patient access and scheduling data, partnering with Ambulatory Care Units (ACUs) and department/divisions to provide insight on patient access, implement scheduling solutions, and analyze data to optimize the patient experience and staff efficiency.
We are seeking a Senior Systems Analyst to support and provide insight on the scheduling and access practices of clinic department/divisions across the organization. The Senior Systems Analyst will analyze and interpret data to identify and recommend opportunities to improve access, measure and monitor the impact of template changes, and develop reports to inform leadership at all levels of the organization.
The Office of Patient Experience seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse patients and families of Michigan Medicine, and to offer our patients and families and staff/faculty partners diverse perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning. This position will help OPE measure, monitor, and enhance patient access to develop a responsive, flexible organizational culture and to focus intensively and primarily on user’s experiences in a holistic manner.
Provide insight and recommendations into access and scheduling practices through data analytics.
- Analyze and interpret data to identify opportunities to improve scheduling and access to care with a focus on template redesign.
- Identify appropriate measurable recommendations with supporting data to increase access.
- Complete measurement and analysis of data to ensure that exceptions and trends are understood and proactively highlighted to aid in decision making at each level of the organization.
- Measure and monitor the impact of scheduling and access changes through prepared visualizations.
- Acquire and maintain proficiency in Epic Cadence and Clarity application.
Assist in the production and maintenance of scorecards, dashboards, reports and additional ad hoc requests to inform leadership at all levels of the organization.
- Support the leadership team in report development, data extraction and analysis, to develop reports and analysis.
- Design and develop data and toolkits to ensure access data is visually presented in a way that makes understanding easier.
- Assist in the communication and presentation of scorecards, dashboards, reports and additional analyses.
Responsible for the training and documentation of scheduling and access data.
- Maintain documentation on databases, data sources, definitions, etc. of all analyses.
- Help develop and update training packages to ensure effective use of scheduling and access data to drive improvement.
Partner with other members of the Patient Access and Insights team and Clinical Departments to help monitor and ensure successful implementation of access goals across Michigan Medicine.
- Provide summaries, updates, and reports to stakeholders, manager, and team members as needed.
- Prepare and lead presentations via webinars, leadership meetings, and operational meetings.
- Meet with clinic stakeholders to understand their workflows and scheduling practices.
- Provide support, education, and assistance to clinic stakeholders with understanding and utilizing access data.Participate in review of access goals.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in a related field.
- 3-5 years of related experience in data analytics and 2-3 years of clinical experience.
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills. Ability to understand complex issues and interpret complex information requirements to aid problem solving.
- Excellent analysis of information from a variety of sources which illustrate through use of text, graphics, charts and spreadsheet presentation, of information in a concise and comprehensive manner.
- Prefer expertise in Tableau or other data visualization tools.
- Prefer prior experience with healthcare analytics.
- Capable of working in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team and interacting with all levels of the organization as well as independently.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively during a period of institutional change.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.