How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position supports statistical activities for several grants within the Department of Biostatistics’ Statistical Analysis of Biomedical and Educational Research (SABER) unit, which is the data coordinating center for several multi-center clinical trials and observational studies. SABER responsibilities include collaborating with investigators on the design and analysis of clinical trials and observational studies, under the limited supervision of faculty biostatisticians, depending on level of experience.
With guidance and oversight by faculty biostatisticians depending on level of experience:
- Collaborate on study design from a wide variety of clinical trials and observational studies perspectives, including sample size estimation and development of randomization schemes.
- Conduct data analyses in SAS or R:
- Prepare statistical analysis plans, including table shells.
- Write analysis programs.
- Validate analysis programs.
- Prepare analysis reports for submission of abstracts and papers to scientific journals.
- Prepare reports for DSMB, FDA, or steering committee review.
- Prepare statistical considerations sections (including definition of subject population, endpoints, sample size) of study protocols.
- Collaborate with the SABER cross-functional team on the design, conduct and reporting of clinical studies per GCP. Tasks may include review of CRFs, edit checks, and standard reporting programs for internal team use.
- Implement methods to ensure the quality of study data, including participation in development of and implementation of standard operating procedures.
JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR LEAD:
- Master’s degree with at least 5 years of experience or PhD with 3 years of experience in statistics, biostatistics, or a related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in clinical research.
JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR SENIOR:
- Master’s degree with at least 3 years of experience in statistics, biostatistics, or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in clinical research.
JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR EITHER POSITION:
- Knowledge and experience with SAS, including advanced knowledge of data step processing and macro languages
- Experience in the analysis and reporting of clinical trials or epidemiologic studies
- Understanding of ICH, GCP and FDA regulations and guidelines with regard to the conduct of human subject research
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively on teams, and collaborate with external investigators
- Able to multi-task and manage competing priorities effectively
- A lead statistician is preferred. However, a senior statistician may be hired if a lead statistician cannot be found.
Michigan Public Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic staff leader/member with a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of our community.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.