We, the staff and faculty of the Frankel Cardiovascular Center (FCVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect, and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.
Each FCVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families and each respective team member. The FCVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care.
Excellent service is an expected and integral part of the FCVC culture. To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points in about 50 words or less:
- Describe your background and qualifications and why you believe you would be a good fit for this position at the FCVC?
- Outline your service excellence skills and experiences which would be applicable to this position.
- In your most recent position, how was service excellence emphasized?
- Describe a situation in which a customer or colleague was upset and the steps you took to resolve the issue to a reasonable conclusion.
Why work for the Cardiovascular Center?
From outpatient visits and tests to surgery and recovery, the Cardiovascular Center serves as a central location for coordinated, top-quality cardiovascular care from our highly skilled medical and surgical teams. Together with inpatient units in University Hospital, outpatient clinics located throughout the local area, and specialized care for children with congenital heart defects at C.S. Mott Children's Hospital, the building makes U-M's nationally recognized cardiovascular care convenient and accessible to all.
The Frankel Cardiovascular Center is designed to create a calm and healing environment for patients and visitors. Indoor and outdoor healing gardens, rooms for quiet reflection, a patient education center, valet parking, a heart-healthy cafe and art-filled halls are just some of the features geared toward patients and families.
Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
2:1 Match on retirement savings
75% Tuition Reimbursement
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
Management that provides quality training and direction
Provide excellent customer service and support to the Cardiovascular Center Clinic and Call Center patients, families, providers and team members. Duties include: receive/assist patients and families, process check in/out paperwork, collect co-pays, answer telephone calls, schedule appointments, prepare charge tickets, provide billing information and collect payments. Candidate should expect cross training on all office duties and be able to assume different roles as needed.
Directly responsible to he Administrative Associate Manager. Functional reporting to the Patient Services Senior.
- High school diploma/GED or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated customer service excellence
- Welcoming and approachable demeanor with a consistently positive and professional attitude
- Ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively within a team setting
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and prioritization skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high-volume area
- Demonstrated active listening, verbal, written and information technology communication skills
- Must be very comfortable working with computers and have a general knowledge of office practices
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability
- Requires flexibility in all aspects of work assignments
Associate level: 2-3 years of related experience.
Assistant level: 0-2 years of related experience.
- Experience working within a large, complex, outpatient healthcare setting
- Knowledge of check-in, check-out practices, and outpatient scheduling
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine electronic medical records systems
- Previous experience working with clinical staff (nurses, mid-level providers, and physicians)
- Working knowledge of cardiology/vascular/surgical terms, testing and procedures
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
This position will be Monday - Friday, 9:00 - 5:30 pm with Saturday rotation.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.