How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Frontline interaction with patients and families performing clerical functions in a busy outpatient specialty clinic setting at the East Ann Arbor Health and Geriatics Center
- Assist in cashiering duties
- Basic clerical tasks that require proper telephone technique, basic typing, computer and data entry skills
- Call patients to remind them of upcoming appointments
- Confirms referring and/or Primary Care Physician information
- Gather and verify patient demographics, insurance and other pertinent information
- Greet patients and check them in for appointments using MiChart schedule
- Prepare patient itinerary and all other appropriate correspondence
- Provide patient with appropriate educational/preparation information for procedures
- Provide patient with information regarding past balances
- Schedule and reschedule appointments in MiChart and document
- Scheduling and coordinating patient appointments for diagnostic procedures/visits
- Work directly with physicians and nurses regarding patient concerns/issues/questions
- Works in MI-Chart (EMR)
- May be required to cross cover other areas
- Strong attention to detail
- Works well with minimal supervision
- May be required to work overtime
- Ability to pass customer service quiz
- Ability to spell correctly and use proper grammar
- Able to work in a fast paced customer friendly environment.
- Clerical experience, preferably in a medical setting
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) credential
- Adheres to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, flexibility and consistently shares information and resources with others
- Documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality
- Effective time management skills/consistently uses available time effectively
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (e.g. ability to provide and receive constructive feedback, seeks constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues)
- Basic medical terminology (may be tested)
- Previous cashiering or patient account representative experience
- Previous experience in an ambulatory care clinical setting
- Knowledge of University and Department of Internal Medicine policies and procedures.
Shift/Hours/Days: Days/Monday – Friday/hrs may vary/ 7:00am – 6:00pm and rotating Saturday 7:30 – 12:30 once a month
Internal Medicine -Geriatrics Center
East Campus: East Ann Arbor Health & Geriatrics Center
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.