How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join the Taubman College finance team. This position will assist with accounting, financial analysis, reporting, monitoring, budgeting, internal controls, procurement, and timekeeping.
Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and encourages all employees to fully incorporate their diverse backgrounds, skills, and life experiences into their work.
The financial specialist role at Taubman College supports a wide variety of business activities including but not limited to:
- Generate and review accounts and reports for accuracy and compliance with U-M and College policies
- Process and review purchasing and payment transactions
- Support/coordinate PCard related activities including working with U-M Shared Services, reconcile the dean’s PCard expenses
- Review and coordinate the timely and accurate submission of time reporting
- Review earnings codes and work to resolve errors, omissions and discrepancies.
- Work with finance team to develop standard reports and improve reporting formats for a variety of audiences. Maintain and run reports in Excel, Business Objects, M-Reports, or other systems.·
- Monitor operations for compliance with internal control procedures and policies.
- Assists in completion of internal control certifications including creating business processes to ensure compliance. Complete gap analysis and perform random audits.
- Participate in continuous process improvement efforts.
- Assist with or lead additional projects/activities. This may include: collaborating on special projects; creating ad hoc queries and reports as requested; explaining reports, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent level of education and work experience.
- Five or more years of work experience in finance, business, or related field.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products with expert level in Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
- Exceptional attention to detail and timely follow-through on assignments.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and maintain high degree of confidentiality.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Significant experience with Business Objects, M-Pathways, M-Reports, and Concur is highly desired.
- Understanding of accounting principles and the unique characteristics of governmental fund accounting in a University setting.
- Knowledge of University of Michigan policies and procedures.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.