At Michigan Medicine, our Paramedics are functioning members of our health care team. While working in the Cath Lab you will observe, document and monitor patient conditions, while keeping your work area and equipment clean. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for working effectively under pressure of emergency situations. Working for Michigan Medicine will provide you with a positive work/life balance, while also allowing you with the opportunity to improve and develop your career. We would love for you to join our team today to assist in delivering state of the art patient care.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Generous PTO program
- Continued education allowance
- Teaching and mentorship opportunities
As a Paramedic, you will be held accountable for knowing the following arrhythmias: Asystole, Ventricular fibrillation, Ventricular tachycardia, Tachy-arrhythmias, Brady-arrhythmias, Artifact, and Multiple PVCs. This position allows you the opportunity to potentially advance into a Cath Tech role.
- Assist heart failure physicians in performing cardiac biopsies.
- Provide direct patient care that includes assisting patients in and out of bed and answering call lights.
- You will regain cardiac monitor EKG's, Accuchecks and stocking of supplies, while also performing daily QA on testing and emergency equipment.
- Transport, ambulate, move and lift patients.
- Current Michigan Licensure as an EMT-P.
- Two (2) years recent (within one (1) year) experience as a Paramedic.
- Current Basic Life Support Provider verification.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider (ACLS).
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Clinical skills including but not limited to IV insertion, veni-puncture, and arrhythmia recognition.
- Previous Sheath Pulling experience.
- Knowledge of Mi-chart/Epic Documentation.
This position is full-time, 40 hours a week position that allows you to work 5 eight hour days on the day shift, Monday - Friday. You will work within our Cath Lab at the Cardiovascular Center in Ann Arbor, MI.
We, the staff and faculty of the UM Cardiovascular Center (CVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion? Collaboration? Innovation? and Commitment to Excellence. Each CVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The CVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care. Applicants are expected to review the following PowerPoint presentation which provides an overview of the Cardiovascular Center's philosophy and culture: http://www.med.umich.edu/cvc/cvcpotentialteam.pdf
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.