How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Perform high quality Diagnostic CT procedures applying principles of radiation protection to minimize exposure to patient.
Identify and administer correct contrast media per departmental protocol. Use and maintain aseptic technique, accurately draw up sterile contras media and other solutions.
Maintain knowledge of and observe universal precautions and all other precautions resolved by the University of Michigan Health System.
Respond to patients changing physical conditions, such as changes in airway/breathing, heart rate, acute change in level of consciousness, seizure etc.
- Maintain current ARRT registration. Maintain compliance with the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs CT installations ionizing radiation Rules and the American College of Radiology CT Accreditation Program requirements.
- Effectively communicate with patients to obtain important clinical information, instruct the patient, relieve anxiety, and gain agreement during procedures, etc.
- Understand and apply Guest Relations skills and display excellent customer service skills. Maintain patient confidentiality at all times. Demonstrated excellent collaboration skills.
- Legibly complete protocol sheets as well as document own actions and patient responses, notes to Radiologist which include hand written notes on the protocol form and/or computer data entry.
- Function effectively under conditions which are often dynamic and stressful.
- Adapt to changing environments (flexible schedules, emergency conditions, protocol development, technology advancements).
- Graduation from a school of radiology technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registration by the ARRT (R).
- Dependability. Excellent social and communication skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, ingenuity, creativity and integrity.
- Demonstrated understanding with all age appropriate guidelines for communication, positioning, radiation dose and radiation protection.
- radiation dose and radiation protection.
- You should have the ability to move patients safely from transportation devices to and from the CT table. You should be able to move heavy equipment such as a portable CT scanner.
- You should display dexterity using fine motor skills and have strong attention to detail.
- CPR certification.
Graduation from a school of radiology technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Registration by the ARRT.
Dependability. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Demonstrated critical thinking skills, ingenuity, creativity and professionalism.
Demonstrated understanding with all age appropriate guidelines for communication, positioning, radiation dose and radiation protection.
Must have ability to move patients safely from transportation devices to and from the CT table. Must be able to move heavy equipment such as a portable CT scanner.
Must display dexterity using fine motor skills.
Strong attention to detail.
CT Advance Modality Certification will be required within the first year of employment.
CT certification and previous CT experience.
proficient computer skills
11p-7am, Monday through Friday with every other weekend 11p-7am (8) hour shifts
UH B1 F403
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.