How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan, School of Nursing (UMSN) is looking to hire a temporary Instructional Aide for part-time employment to support undergraduate nursing students’ practice on their performance of basic nursing skills.
CHARACTERISTICS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with the Simulation Technician of the Clinical Learning Center to assist with logistic duties as noted below:
- Set up and clean up rooms for practice sessions.
- Post-session set the room up for the following morning per instructions.
- Utilize supplies needed for practice sessions and collaborate in inventory process to replenish.
- Other duties as assigned
- Works with the Undergraduate Faculty Lead of the Clinical Learning Center to design and implement practice consistent with expectations of course faculty:
- Obtain objectives, course materials, and any rubrics in use from the faculty.
- Maintain a positive learning experience for all students.
- Seek input from the faculty lead for any pedagogical issues arising.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing is required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Recent relevant experience or the ability to re-develop a high level of comfort in performing clinical nursing skills.
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills, with the ability to receive and convey information clearly and concisely for various mediums.
- Candidate must have excellent attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and organizational skills.
The School of Nursing seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan that extends world-wide, to fulfill the School’s strategic plan, and to sustain the excellence of the School of Nursing.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit: http://nursing.umich.edu/diversity/dei-faculty-and-staff.
Please visit http://www.nursing.umich.edu/ for more information about the School.
Salary: $15-18 /hr.
Hours: 75 hours
Position to begin in January 2019.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.