How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position is responsible for answering multi line phones, greeting clients, scheduling appointments through Epic/MiChart, arriving clients in the computer system, scanning medical documents, sorting/logging/distributing fax machine paperwork and E-faxes, mail, and assist with credit card reconciliation.
• Greet and “check-in and out” patients in Epic/MiChart system. Notify the clinical team of patient arrival and ensure timely interaction.
• Answer multi line telephone and triage calls per departmental guidelines.
• Scan patient paperwork.
• Assist with scheduling repair delivery appointments.
• Credit card machine: Print daily detail report, settlement reports and process per guidelines.
• Work Quality Improvement reports.
• Process orders per department guidelines.
• Process files for Iron Mountain storage.
• Process incoming and outgoing mail.
• Maintain exam rooms to meet departments infection control standards.
Other Related Duties:
• Maintain electronic and hard copy records per department guidelines.
• Follow department guidelines for phone calls, fax and emails and communication.
• Assist patients, visitors and vendors.
• Manage work queues for incoming referrals, assign referrals to teams.
• Comply with all University of Michigan and departmental standards and expectations.
• Supports the department’s commitment to continuous improvement activities and principles through positive and respectful contribution in all problem-solving and change processes at Home Care Services.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years of direct experience required
- Ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills including keyboarding and Microsoft programs
- 0-2 years of direct experience required
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Experience in working with health care professionals
• Previous experience in Complex Rehabilitation Technology
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.