Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window.
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Enterprise Infrastructure –
The HITS Enterprise Infrastructure division secures, manages, and architects Michigan Medicine data centers, networks, and communication infrastructures. The team is responsible for all Michigan Medicine IT-related technical infrastructure, including data centers and communication facilities; wired, wireless, and in-house cellular networks; spectrum management; communication; complex device management; fiber/wiring plant; hosting; directories, databases, and storage; and continuity of operations institution-wide. The team collaborates with partners across Michigan Medicine to assure the security, stability, reliability, scalability, and economic management of the institution’s technology infrastructure.
Health Information and Technology Services (HITS) is seeking a qualified individual to join their AV team as a Media Consultant. The Media Consultant will provide direct audiovisual support to Michigan Medicine customers, visitors and partners. Consultants will advise and collaborate with students, faculty, and other clients on various events and AV installations. This position will also provide onsite support for events manning audiovisual booths for the duration of an event. Early morning and evening availability is required. Under FLSA, incumbents in this position are nonexempt.
To learn more about HITS: hits.medicine.umich.edu/
- Provide friendly audiovisual support including sound and video projection for live events in auditoria
- Deliver and setup basic audio-visual gear such as tabletop projectors, laptops, portable screens, PA speakers, and teleconferencing equipment to clientele ranging from students, staff, faculty and physicians.
- Setup and record video for high profile events and edit according to client's expectations
- Provide technical support in various audiovisual integrated environments from small classrooms with flat screens to high end installations with Christie Projectors, Control Systems and Videoconferencing.
- Troubleshoot/repair/diagnose simple to complex integrated audiovisual systems
- Perform routine preventative maintenance checks of managed rooms
- Assist in installation of audiovisual systems for classrooms and conference rooms
- Report customer support issues with tracking software and follow-up with clients to ensure support exceeds expectations.
- Will assist presenters with graphic images (for example blood/medical images).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Highly effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team.
- Proficient with Macintosh and Windows computers.
- Proven experience in several of the following areas: audio, video, lighting, live event production, computer-based media creation and delivery, and training
- Ability to handle stressful situations with grace and tact.
- Flexible schedule to work basic support schedule from 8a to 5pm with some evening and weekend events
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Move, lift and transport objects such as projectors, screens, monitors, equipment carts, AV racks, weight up to 70lbs across campus for various events or projects
- Travel between buildings during inclement weather
- Work in enclosed spaces in the vicinity of numerous electronic components
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders with equipment and/or tools
- Experience with Corporate Video, Hotel Audio Visual Support, University media services, Live Entertainment/Theatrical Technicians, Audio Visual System Integrators.
- Knowledge of various videoconferencing systems and soft clients.
- Experience with Mediasite recorders.
- Knowledge of AV installation best practices.
- Configuration of audio, building gain structure.
- Basic knowledge of control systems and programming.
- Experience terminating cables with solder and crimp connections with proper cable dress and making solder connections on printed circuit boards.
- Basic knowledge of IP networks. Routing, addressing, device configuration, simple network troubleshooting to determine if the problem is AV equipment or network configuration/equipment.
- Moderate knowledge of electronics, components, and circuits.
- Ability to read and interpret data sheets for components and complete devices.
- Strong preference given for Avixa CTS, CTS-D or Crestron DMC-E, DMC-D active or previous certifications.
- Familiarity or foundations certification with ITIL v.3 terms and concepts.
- Experience with LEAN management principles.
Will require working during non-business hours (8am-5pm) and on weekends.
Will require travel to various locations on and off university campus.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.