- Greet patients arriving for clinic visits, verify appointment status and process electronic check-in and check-out ensuring patient completeness of necessary documentation.
- Screen, route and respond to phone inquiries from patients, staff, referring physicians and the public.
- Schedule and reschedule appointments in MiChart, document as appropriate. Prepare patient itinerary and all other appropriate correspondence. Provide patient with appropriate educational/preparation information for appointment.
- Obtain and verify patient registration demographic information and obtain accurate patient insurance information, updating as necessary by contacting the registration department for patient.
- Call patients to remind them of upcoming appointments.
- Collect cash and credit card payments from patients using established guidelines to determine patient pay portion and provide receipt of payment.
- Reconcile clinic cash collections daily according to specified clinic standards.
- Work directly with physicians and nurses regarding patient concerns/issues/questions
- Adheres to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, flexibility and consistently shares information and resources with others.
- Documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Effective time management skills/consistently uses available time effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (e.g. ability to provide and receive Constructive feedback, seeks constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Works well with minimal supervision.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team setting.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Working knowledge of MiChart (Cadence, EpicCare).
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Experience in a health care environment.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures.
Days Monday – Friday hrs may vary 7:30am – 6:30pm
Must be able to work at least two late days
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.