Call Center Agent in the Geriatrics Call Center serving multiple divisions. Primary focus is on scheduling patient appointments using the electronic medical record Mi-Chart.
- Basic clerical tasks that require proper telephone technique, basic typing, computer and data entry skills
- Confirms referring and/or Primary Care Physician information
- Gather and verify caller demographics, insurance and other pertinent information
- Obtain managed care referrals and/or authorizations
- Provide patient with information regarding past balances
- Maintains and tabulates appointment data as needed
- Notify patients of appointment changes
- Perform unit resource closer duties and/or create a monthly room closing list
- Prepare patient itinerary and all other appropriate correspondence for mailing
- Reschedule appointments in MiChart and document accordingly
- Create MiChart Notifications
- Contributes to the annual template creation in MiChart
- Use the Geriatrics & Internal Medicine Call Center website to obtain information
- Uses the Aspect phone system and MiChart scheduling system to schedule visits
- Adheres to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, flexibility and Consistently shares information and resources with others
- Documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality
- Effective time management skills/consistently uses available time effectively
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (e.g. ability to provide and receive constructive Feedback, seeks constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues)
- May be required to work overtime
- Strong attention to detail
- Works well with minimal supervision
- Ability to pass customer service quiz
- Ability to spell correctly and use proper grammar
- Able to work in a fast paced customer friendly environment
- Clerical experience, preferably in a medical setting
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) credential
- Basic medical terminology (may be tested)
- Previous cashiering or patient account representative experience
- Previous experience in an ambulatory care clinical setting
- Knowledge of University and Department of Internal Medicine policies and procedures.
Days/Monday – Friday, 7:30am - 5:30 p.m./ hours may vary and some Saturday mornings 8am – 12pm
East Ann Arbor
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.