How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
As a member of Michigan Medicine’s Department of Strategic Planning and Business Development (SPBD), this individual will lead in the development and execution of Michigan Medicine’s strategic plans and initiatives, spanning the tripartite mission. In particular, this individual will participate in SPBD teams that advise senior leadership across a variety of initiatives, including creating cascaded, coordinated strategic plans, assessing and executing strategic affiliations and network development opportunities, implementing and coordinating key strategic initiatives, and formulating market and data analytics. In addition, this individual will work closely with Michigan Medicine’s strategic affiliates on cross-organizational initiatives to ensure successful and mutually rewarding affiliations. In this role, this individual will work with the SPBD Directors for Strategic Planning, Business Development, Strategic Implementation, and Business Analytics and Intelligence, all in support of the Chief Strategy Officer and the SPBD Medical Director.
- Lead in the preparation of strategic plans and business cases for enterprise-wide, and program-specific clinical, teaching, and research priorities and initiatives
- Develop business plans, pro formas, and feasibility studies to rigorously evaluate promising strategic opportunities
- Support execution of affiliations and partnerships, including facilitating various work streams, partnering with other Michigan Medicine stakeholders, and coordinating due diligence process
- Support implementation of established strategic plans and tactics, at both the enterprise level for all elements of the mission, and for specific services and programs
- Coordinate post-closing implementation and operational integration of new affiliates (both hospital and physician group practices) joining Michigan Medicine
- Drive and help guide the development and use of market analytics to support all forms of Michigan Medicine strategic plans and initiatives
- Assist in the development and deployment of data analytics tools (e.g., dashboards) utilized by Michigan Medicine leadership and individual departments and service lines
- Partner with Michigan Medicine affiliates, such as Metro Health in Grand Rapids, on strategic planning initiatives
- Actively promote a culture of exceptional customer service within SPBD
- Lead internal SPBD projects and initiatives aimed at enhancing and ensuring the quality of service provided to Michigan Medicine
- Guide the professional development of SPBD teammates
A strong candidate will have the following qualifications:
In addition, the ideal candidate would have at least one of the following qualifications:
This position requires freqent travel for meetings across the medical campus, administartive sites, and with affiliated systems and organizations.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.