How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. In your cover letter, please indicate how you discovered this opportunity.
Reports to: Associate Director, Recruitment & Human Resources
Supervises directly: N/A
Position summary: Responsible for providing administrative, recruitment and project-related assistance to the Recruitment and Human Resources (RHR) team and Talent Management. The Recruitment Assistant works collaboratively with the Talent Management Administrative team including student workers who provide support to this role. This position is a six-nine month temporary assignment.
Recruitment Support (70%):
- Responsible for coordination of all steps associated with the screening, interviewing and hiring processes for the Recruitment and Human Resources (RHR) team. Provides logistical recruitment support for OUD and campus partners in the development community. This includes but is not limited to:
- Provide logistical support for all stages of the screening and interview process, including coordination of applicant questionnaire processes, complex travel and hotel arrangements, campus tours for out of town candidates, and web based interviews. Provide onsite support for interviews including setting up rooms, providing parking passes, etc.
- Correspond with candidates by phone and email providing excellent customer service.
- Manage incoming and outgoing development careers email account.
- Work closely with Finance and Administration to submit candidate expense reimbursement reports in a timely manner.
- Manage and update all candidate information through the interview process in the Applicant Tracking System, in electronic files and on recruiters' calendars.
- Prepare recruitment correspondence (i.e., offer letters, promotion letters) and other on-boarding materials.
Marketing and Project Support (20%):
- Assist and update external postings on Leaders & Best Careers site.
- Provide guidance to student workers, including training, delegation of work, and daily support as needed.
- Maintain RHR specific reports such as the Current Vacancies Report and the Recruitment Summary report. Provide additional support of RHR metrics, as needed.
- Provide support to RHR Specialist for Talent Management marketing and communication projects.
General TM Support (10%):
- Provide administrative support to the RHR team, as needed, including facilitation of various recruitment team meetings.
- Partner closely with the TM administrative pool in managing the assigned workflow to support the Talent Management team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to set priorities; handle multiple assignments and deadlines, and to display excellent judgment, while operating in a flexible and professional manner.
- Experienced PC user; Windows based software, experience with Word and Excel required, as well as Google Mail, Google Calendar and Google Drive.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with all levels of constituents, while operating in a fast-paced customer service driven environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of material that is sensitive in nature.
- At least two years administrative and/or human resources experience is preferred.
- Experience using an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) or similar database.
- Familiarity with University of Michigan guidelines and policies.
For additional information about this position and to review other current openings in Development, please visit our website at: www.giving.umich.edu/careers.
The Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
The U-M development community is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse and thriving workforce, and demonstrating respect and inclusivity for all.
Although the Posting End Date may indicate otherwise, this job may be filled and closed anytime after a posting duration of seven calendar days.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.