- Order, result and scan faxed/mailed laboratory results from external laboratories into LIS and Careweb/MiChart systems.
- Problem solve issues related to submitted external results, interfacing with external laboratories and end-user clinic staff.
- Follow standardized order entry, resulting, verification and scanning process to ensure accuracy and effective flow of work.
- Interact professionally with customers and coworkers.
- Maintain productive flow of work in order to meet service expectations of customers.
- Flexibility to cover heavy workloads and departmental scheduling needs.
- Associate's degree or combination of education and experience is required.
- Demonstrated keyboarding skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an independent environment.
- Familiarity with laboratory testing and medical terminology is desirable.
- Familiarity with MiChart/Careweb/Soft LIS systems desirable.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.