How to Apply
The confidential review of applications will occur as they are received and will continue until the position(s) is/are filled.
In addition to applying online, applicants are requested to send the following to the Office of Human Resources – N579 LEO Lecturer, University of Michigan, School of Nursing, 400 North Ingalls, Suite 1349, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5482 (hard copy materials) or to email@example.com (electronic materials).
- Cover letter
- Current curriculum vita
- Evidence of didactic and clinical teaching experience (teaching statement)
- Three (3) letters of professional recommendation
- Copy of your nursing diploma
- Copy of your nursing license in the State of Michigan is required for this position
- Any certifications
For further information regarding this position please contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School of Nursing (UMSN), Department of Health Behavior and Biological Sciences is recruiting a nursing professional with clinical experience as an Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner to teach a lecture section in course N579 –Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Advanced Practice Nursing Clinical Practicum II. Course times TBD.
N579 – Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Advanced Practice Nursing Clinical Practicum II:
The second precepted clinical practicum focuses on complex chronic health conditions of adults and older adults chronic health conditions of adults and older adults. This practicum builds on knowledge and skills obtained from Clinical Practicum I, prerequisite courses are core courses. Evidenced based advanced nursing interventions will be applied to manage complex chronic health conditions and acute exacerbations of adults and older adults from diverse backgrounds (e.g. age, culture, ethnicity, race, sexuality, and socioeconomic status).
NOTE: This appointment is for Winter 2019 only.
- A master of nursing degree is required.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have didactic teaching experience and content expertise in adult-gerontology acute care nursing.
- A nursing license in the State of Michigan is required for this position (current licensure or willingness to obtain licensure).
- A Nurse Practitioner (NP) certification is required for this position.
- A specialty certification as an Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP) in the State of Michigan is required for this position.
- Prior to start date must be in compliance with all health requirements including standard precautions such as Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, orientations, licenses/certifications, policies and procedures both internal and external to the University for your assigned classroom(s) and/or clinical site(s).
Job openings are posted for a minimum of ten calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan is a world-class research-intensive, enriched and highly collaborative institution. The UMSN offers a full range of accredited educational programs and is consistently ranked among the top nursing schools in the country. Please visit our website at http://www.nursing.umich.edu/ for more information.
The School of Nursing seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to fulfill the School’s guiding principles, and to sustain the excellence of the School of Nursing.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit: http://nursing.umich.edu/diversity/dei-faculty-and-staff.
The terms and conditions of employment for this position are subject to the provisions of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the University of Michigan and the Lecturer's Employee Organization.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.