Provide safe, effective and specialized nursing care in an ambulatory care cardiology clinic setting.
Clinical duties include:
- Use clinical knowledge and reasoning, and critical thinking to assess and evaluate needs of cardiology patients.
- Work collaboratively with physicians, advanced practice providers, and services to provide high quality effective patient care.
- Direct outpatient clinical support through telephone triage supporting a seamless delivery of care.
- Participate in the coordination of care, including testing, medication management, collaborative planning of care, support of self-management by patients/families, management of emergency situations, etc.
- Document care and patient progress through detailed patient records.
- Collaborates with professional colleagues outside of UMHS, nationally and internationally.
Expectations of the position:
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills through use of the nursing process.
- Demonstrated ability to create environments that promote positive, collegial staff and patient/family interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and problem solve effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to seek constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues.
- Demonstrated adaptability to changing needs and priorities based on unit, department, and institutional goals.
- Demonstrated accountability and dependability for example, completion of work, mandatories, goal setting within established time lines.
Nursing Specific Info
Salary & Nursing Framework Level:
This UMPNC RN posting is posted as Nursing Framework LEVEL C .
Actual Nursing Framework LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
Nursing Framework levels range from Level A to Level F.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current license to practice nursing in Michigan.
- At least one year of ambulatory care experience including telephone triage within the last five years.
- Two years of cardiology experience.
- Demonstrated clinical expertise in ambulatory cardiology practice including 12 lead EKG interpretation, diagnostic test interpretation, cardiovascular medications, emergency management of cardiac patients.
- Clinical leadership experience such as charge nurse, preceptor experience, or clinic instructor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills as demonstrated through previous performance evaluations.
- Demonstrated high standards of personal and professional conduct and attendance as evidenced by interviews, references, and performance evaluations.
- ACLS by start date.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume and cover letter to be fully considered for this position.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing.
- Greater than five years’ cardiology experience.
- Knowledge of the University of Michigan Hospital Nursing policies and practice.
- Previous experience in working from and developing evidence-based clinical protocols.
- Experience with MiChart and/or EPIC and/or super user for electronic medical record.
- Desire to be on unit committees to improve patient outcomes.
- Hours: 40 hrs/wk
- Shift: Variable days and hours
- Location: Cardiovascular Center Clinic
We, the staff and faculty of the U-M Cardiovascular Center (CVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.
Each CVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The CVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care. Applicants are expected to review the following PowerPoint presentation which provides an overview of the Cardiovascular Centers philosophy and culture:
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.