How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Rogel Cancer Center is currently seeking a full-time Clinical Subjects Associate (CSA). This is an entry level position to provide administrative support and coordination on multiple research projects in subjects with advanced cancer.
The CSA will work in a collegial fashion with the principal investigators, project manager, other study coordinators, and research administrators to meet study objectives.
- Efficiently identify potential subject and screen MiChart.
- Consent and enroll on an IRB approved consent/retain subjects for research projects.
- Assist in maintenance of essential documents including responsible completion of case report forms and accurate source documentation. Upload images, request records, and file documents appropriately for audit readiness.
- Assist with collection of medical records for study reporting purposes.
- Assist in training incoming staff.
- Staff members are expected to work well in a team setting, but also independently when appropriate and regularly exercise good judgement in setting priorities, resolving operational problems, and applying policies, procedures, and methods, while maintaining the strictest of confidentiality at all times.
- Other duties as assigned or required for the research project including assisting with database management and support.
- Ensure compliance with protocols, adherence to good clinical practice guidelines, FDA regulations, and all other federal, local, and University guidelines.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in science, or other related field.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to exercise diplomacy and work effectively with a diverse group of people and ability to manage dynamics of a multimember high-functioning team.
- Applicant should have a record of completing tasks in a timely manner and being goal setting and achieving, self-motivated, self-driven and be able to establish a goal oriented and friendly team culture.
- Exceptional organizational and computer skills are required with proficiency in Microsoft software applications.
- A minimum of two years' experience working in research with demonstrated experience in preparing and managing research protocols.
- Thorough knowledge in patient consent processes and collecting data and specimen.
- Familiarity with internal University processes and programs (miChart, REDCap, eResearch).
- Proven data entry accuracy and efficiency.
- Previous experience with biorepository.
- 40 hours/week
- Work hours vary depending on need
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.