How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families, and employees.
To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and expedite patient image/film flow through the reading room area.
- Work with physicians on adherence to Breast Imaging procedures.
- Manage phone calls from internal and external customers related to procedures.
- Ensure all images and appropriate comparisons are available on the reading workstation.
- Manage daily work queues.
- Identify and contact appropriate physicians/clinics per radiologists’ request.
- Accurately identify and archive outside studies.
- Review reading worklists to ensure ER and Inpatient exams are available.
- Review outside reports, request and prepare images for film consult appointments.
- Request outside images via PACs.
- Prepare MRI cases to be interpreted.
- Facilitate communication between technologist and radiologist
- Load images and prepare for BCC conference.
- Audit logbooks to ensure incomplete cases are completed in a timely manner.
- Review annotated images and print accurately for call back appointments; ensuring size, quantity, and images are accurate.
- Process charts for pathology of procedures daily.
- Contact BCC with procedure results.
- High intensity patient flow, must be compassionate and able to manage stressful situations.
High School diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic computer skills. 2 years’ work experience in an office setting. Excellent customer service skills.
Working knowledge of medical terminology; one to three years’ experience in a public contact setting; responsible office experience required, preferable in a medical setting.
32 hour; Day shift.
Cancer Center B2 205
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.