How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
We are actively seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic Radiologic Technologist who will share in the goal of crafting the ideal imaging experience for patients and employees.
- Perform high quality diagnostic procedures, applying principles of radiation protection to minimize exposure to patient, staff, and practitioners.
- Position patients using appropriate radiation protection devices and immobilizing techniques for age specific patient populations.
- Evaluate images for technical quality, demonstration of area of interest, marker usage, and patient identification.
- Maintain knowledge of and observe universal precautions and all other precautions established by Michigan Medicine
- Respond to patients changing physical conditions, such as changes in airway/breathing, heart rate, acute change in level of consciousness, seizure etc.
- Effectively communicate with patients to obtain important clinical information, instruct the patient, relieve anxiety, and collaborate with patients during procedures etc.
- We understand and apply guest relations skills and display excellent customer service. Maintain patient confidentiality at all times. Demonstrate excellent collaboration.
- You have the ability to adapt to changing environments (flexible schedules, emergency conditions, protocol development, and technology advancements).
- Function effectively under conditions which are often dynamic and stressful.
- Maintain current ARRT registration.
- Maintain current BLS certification.
- Perform additional duties as required at an outpatient facility.
Graduation from a school of radiologic technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary. Registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology is required within the first six months of employment.
- Display excellent social and communication skills.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity and integrity.
- Demonstrate understanding with all age appropriate guidelines for communication, positioning, radiation exposures and radiation protection.
- Have physical ability to push, pull, assist, and transfer patients safely.
- Display physical dexterity using fine and large motor skills.
In addition, the successful incumbent will demonstrate/possess the following:
- High enthusiasm and upbeat personality.
- You show respect for people and hard work.
- You have a willingness to challenge and better yourself.
- You adhere to high standards of partnership by demonstrating flexibility, dependability and consistently shares information and resources with colleagues.
You have a high level of personal and professional integrity
PACS experience as well as proficient computer entry skills.
40 hour; temp position.
Brighton Center for Specialty Care.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.