The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis Rd. Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why join the Michigan Medicine Ambulatory Physical Therapy Team?
As a Neuro Physical Therapist at Michigan Medicine, you will play an integral role in developing an individualized treatment plan for patients to help guide them through their recovery experience. Our Neuro PT’s are a collaborative, dedicated group who work together to provide highly specialized care to patients. We see a very diverse population of patients and provide many specialty treatment programs unique to Michigan Medicine. If you are passionate about rehab care, in particular with the fascinating world of technology use in treatment, please apply today.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Generous PTO program
- Exposure to innovative and new state of the art technology
- Preceptorship opportunities with PT Students
- You will evaluate and treat patients with acute and chronic neurological and general rehab conditions
- You will utilize advanced technological equipment to improve the conditions of the patient and assist in achieving their health goals
- You will have the opportunity to expand your clinical knowledge by working in a rich learning environment with experts in the field of neurological and physical rehabilitation.
- You will have program development and leadership opportunities as we expand specialty programs and skilled therapy services in this area.
- You will supervise PT Assistants and act as a Clinical Instructor/Preceptor for Physical Therapy students
· Master’s or Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Completion of an accredited Physical Therapy Program and Clinical Internship is necessary
· Possession of a current licensure as a Physical Therapist in the State of Michigan
· 1-3 years of multidisciplinary outpatient rehab experience – ideally with some of the following diagnoses: Amputee, Vestibular, Stroke, MS, CP, gait/balance problems
· Strong orthopedic/manual therapy foundation is helpful
This position is full-time, working a day shift. This position will require 2-3 days working until 7:00 p.m.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.