How to Apply
*This position is located in Chicago, IL.
Applicants must include a cover letter, resume and 3-5 professional references
Assist with NIH-funded intervention research project under the direction of the project director and faculty. This research is being conducted on the South side of Chicago IL; therefore, the person hired into this position will be located in the Chicago project offices. This is a full-time, exempt and benefits eligible position.
*This position is funded on sponsored project(s)
- Identify, recruit and retain eligible intervention program participants. Obtain informed consent from program participants.
- Schedule and administer baseline and follow-up interviews.
- Supervise temp staff and perform administrative duties.
- Manage participant files. Track and retain families.
- Maintain recruitment database.
- Work with data systems and conduct preliminary statistical analyses.
- Conduct literature searches and write program summaries.
- Train facilitators and observers and other staff. Perform all other duties as assigned/needed.
Masters in psychology, public health, social work, sociology or related field
- Past experience working on a research study or with at risk populations or inner city youth
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, SPSS or other data programs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; evidence of ability to work as a team leader
- Strong research and writing background and skills.
- Working on a research study obtaining informed consent and program implementation
- Working with adolescents and families of color or in urban inner city communities
- Conducting survey research; knowledge and skills in the design, collection and analysis of data
- Applicant must be able to work a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends and travel between multiple offices and sites in Chicago.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic staff member with a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of our community.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.