The CERD runner, will assist the CERD staff in transporting between CERD and the units serviced by CERD. The runners will pick up, transport, and check in all endoscopes and/or items to be reprocessed in CERD.
The assistants job duties are as listed:
- Transferring scopes, organizing transport carts, or picking up supplies.
- Checking soiled scopes into CERD decontamination
- Checking patient ready scopes out of CERD and scanning location bar codes in customer units.
- Loading and unloading the cart washer / Wiping down cart washer as needed
- Professional and positive communication with customers, leadership, and expediter/dispatch
- Minor cleaning duties, such as wipe down surfaces, organizing work area, replacing trash bag, etc.
- Other duties, as assigned
The runner will be supervised by the CERD manager and supervisors.
- Ability to work flexible shifts
- Ability to lift, stand, walk, and bend for long periods at a time
- Ability to push carts through hallways and in/out of elevators/washers
- Ability to handle delicate medical devices with care and follow protocols
- Ability to withstand wearing PPE as indicated
- Verbal communication, teamwork, and customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- Previous experience working in an Endoscopy Unit/OR/CSPD/Instrument room setting
- Shift: 10AM-6:30PM Monday- Friday
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.