The Department of Health Behavior and Health Education within the School of Public Health is seeking a skilled and highly motivated individual to serve as a Project Manager overseeing project budgets, contracts, staff, timelines and other administrative tasks as necessary. The preferred applicant will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In coordination with research administrator, reconcile and manage budgets
- Create and manage project timelines
- Procure quotes and manage contracts with vendors
- Supervise staff and student research assistants
- Coordinate and facilitate project meetings
- Oversee quality assurance reports to clinicaltrials.gov, IRB, and funder
- Oversee initial phases of research project development including website creation
- A Master’s degree in the field of Public Health or a related field
- 5 to 6 years work experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage projects independently
- Experience building and supporting teams and initiatives
- Possess a high level of professionalism and strong work ethic
- Ability to travel between research locations within Ann Arbor
- Experience working on research and/or evaluation projects
- Experience working in an academic institution
- Experience working with research quality control and reporting processes including Clinicaltrials.gov and Institutional Review Boards is preferred
- Familiarity with data application including Qualtrics, SAS, Microsoft Access, and NVivo is preferred
40 hours a week with an option of a reduced appointment at 80% effort with 32 hours per week.
Monday – Friday days, occasional evening hours may be needed.
School of Public Health Building 1, 1415 Washington Heights, Ann Arbor, MI
Domino’s Farm Office Park, 24 Frank Lloyd Wright Dr, Ann Arbor, MI
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic staff member with a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all member of our community.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.