How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Under the direction of the Chief of Staff for Clinical Affairs, provide a full range of highly responsible, dependable, detail-oriented and accurate support to the Chief of Staff. The ideal candidate exercises initiative, discretion, and appropriate judgment regarding highly sensitive and/or confidential matters; represents the U-M Health System and University effectively and professionally in all internal and external interactions.
- Maintain complex agenda work plans for the major governing and operating committees of the U-M Health System. Draft agendas, gather meeting materials, prepare meeting rooms, take minutes and distribute meeting summaries. Track elected member terms and initiate elections as needed.
- Work in a team environment to support the operations of the office including routine duties such as copying, scanning, preparation of standing meetings, supply ordering, and coordination of external visitors. Provide back-up support to the President’s executive assistant.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the UMHS Board, which includes campus and external members.
- Prepare, edit and distribute correspondence; compose routine correspondence, proofread typed materials for content, grammatical and typographical accuracy.
- Process incoming correspondence, recommend action where appropriate, distribute correspondence to others for action and follow up to ensure deadlines are met.
- Project management work to include developing detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, status reports, etc. Responsible for the management, performance, and completion of multiple concurrent projects.
- Provide competent and detail-oriented support to the Chief of Staff including calendar management, meeting planning, hosting/travel and P-Card reconciliation.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Proven ability to pay meticulous attention to detail and consistently produce accurate work.
- High degree of professionalism and use of sound judgment, discretion and diplomacy at all times.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with a diverse set of individuals at all levels, both internal and external to the Health System.
- Strong computer skills, including Outlook calendar and email, Concur, Microsoft Office, Visio, Qualtrics, M-Box. Ability to quickly learn new software.
- Ability to work independently, exercise initiative and function in a fast-paced team environment.
- High level of organizational skills with excellent tracking and follow-up skills and the ability to meet deadlines while working on competing priorities.
- Excellent attendance record, punctuality and work ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience with a minimum of 5-7 years of progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Experience working successfully as a member of a support team for executives.
- Knowledge of University and Health System policies and procedures.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.