- Operate vacuum cleaning equipment.
- Clean and polish furniture, cases, fixtures, and furnishings.
- Clean mirrors, inside of exterior glass and both sides of interior glass while standing on floor or stool.
- Clean and disinfect toilets, restroom fixtures, dispensers, partitions, and floor.
- Stock Restroom supplies.
- Dust venetian blinds while standing on floor or stool.
- Spot wash walls to remove such items as splash marks around sinks, and finger prints around light switches.
- Clean patient bedside equipment.
- Make beds and change linen.
- Collect and transport all waste materials to designated location.
- Report items in need of repair.
- Sweep and dust floors and stairways.
- Wet mop areas of floor or stairs to clean up such items as spilled liquid or food.
- Wet mop, damp mop, spot mop, and dust furnishings.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies in accordance with specific instructions.
- Open or lock buildings or rooms.
- Turn off and on lights and equipment.
- Set up / tear down chairs and tables for events.
- Collect and transport soiled linen to designated location.
- Clean assigned area of work and equipment.
- Maintain all custodial equipment and closets
- Move and arrange furniture and furnishings
- Rearrange / reset classrooms as required.
- Safely apply cleaning chemicals.
- Snow shoveling
- Fill supply orders and restock closets.
- Graduation from high school or GED is necessary
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to lift, bend, and be on your feet for several hours at a time.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ custodial working experience.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in spoken and written English.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.