How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan School of Nursing (UMSN) Clinical Learning Center (CLC) seeks an Inventory Specialist who will report to the Simulation Technician Co-Lead. They will provide support with the launch and maintenance of a new inventory tracking system. The CLC is looking for someone who can committ to this project for the duration from January through approximately April 2019. This position will require 8-10 hours per week. Scheduling will be flexible.
- Coordinate transition to new inventory system and assist with maintenance following implementation
- Organize team members to conduct baseline physical inventory count
- Establish library of vendors, order forms, prices, inventory levels, and related data
- Reconcile discrepancies in inventories
- Create routine for ordering materials and supplies from a variety of vendors
- Create routine for receiving orders, tracks items received, and stocks shelves with supplies as they are received
- Teach team members to utilize these routines and debug problems during initial implementation
- Other tasks as assigned, including data entry
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience with inventory systems and reconciliation preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to write technical guidelines and trainiing documents and policies and procedures.
- Data analysis skills ideal.
- Working knowledge of applicable University policies and procedures is preferred.
The School of Nursing seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan that extends world-wide, to fulfill the School’s strategic plan, and to sustain the excellence of the School of Nursing. To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit: http://nursing.umich.edu/diversity/dei-faculty-and-staff.
Please visit http://www.nursing.umich.edu/ for more information about the school.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.