How to Apply
Interested candidates must attach a resume which includes a cover letter along with work and education history. Due to the faculty component of this position, also mail copies of transcripts to UM-Flint, School of Health Professions and Studies, 303 E. Kearlsey Street, Flint, MI 48502. Attention: Dr. Nancy Vandewiele Milligan
Occupational Therapy Department Mission:
The faculty and staff of Occupational Therapy Department at the University of Michigan-Flint strive to be recognized dedicated leaders, scholars, and practitioners who are committed to learning, teaching, scholarship and service, to educate and mentor culturally competent, doctoral prepared evidence-based practitioners to be visionaries and leaders in the profession of Occupational Therapy in local and global communities.
The proposed start date for the OTD program is Fall 2019.
Clinical Assistant Professor/Academic Fieldwork Coordinator Duties:
The Academic Fieldwork Coordinator is responsible primarily for coordinating the Level II clinical education and placements for the Occupational Therapy Doctoral Program. The position is a 12-month faculty position as a clinical track assistant professor. Responsibilities also include a reduced teaching load in the Occupational Therapy Doctorate Program to ensure that the needs of the fieldwork program are met.
Duties include but not limited to:
Academic Fieldwork Coordinator (.5 FTE)
- Ensures sufficient number of clinical fieldwork experiences in traditional, non-traditional, and emerging settings.
- Maintains documentation including: criteria and process for selecting fieldwork sites, memoranda of understanding, site objectives, site data, and site requirements.
- Works collaboratively with clinical sites to ensure established fieldwork objectives are mutually agreed upon between academic program, clinical site and student prior to the start of placement.
- Documents and verifies supervisors' credentials and licenses prior to the start of placements.
- Provides annual fieldwork education conferences/trainings to clinical supervisors including, but no limited to, program curriculum and supervision and teaching strategies to ensure coordination between didactic and clinical training.
- Maintains and documents communication between the academic fieldwork coordinator, student, and clinical supervisor to ensure proper supervision and student success.
Clinical Assistant Professor (.5 FTE)
- Teaches courses in areas of expertise.
- Maintains personal scholarship.
- Participates in service activities to support the University, community and profession.
- Doctoral degree in occupational therapy or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of full time post-licensure clinical practice.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an AFWE or FWE in occupational therapy or a minimum of 2 years of experience in teaching, curriculum development and administration in an occupational therapy education program.
- Licensed OT in Michigan or in a U.S. jurisdiction.
- Record of involvement in AOTA and state OT associations.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.