How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Michigan Predictive Activity & Clinical Trajectories (MIPACT) study is seeking a highly motivated Clinical Subjects Associate to join our team. The MIPACT study aims to integrate physiologic information from the Apple Watch, electronic health record, laboratory and genomic information, and participant survey data to understand the relationship between biosensor data and health. We will recruit several thousand patients from Michigan Medicine to participate in the study. This full-time position will require working some afternoons, evenings, and weekends as needed.
- Screen potential research subjects for various projects
- Approach potential research subjects, explain research protocol, and obtain patient consent for related clinical rearch project.
- Perform phone calls to patients for screening, consent, and follow-up.
- Enter patient research data into an electronic data entry system.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree
- Interest in clinical health research
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Superb interpersonal skills – comfortable speaking with healthcare providers and patients and working independently and as a member of a research team.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in both verbal and written form
- Ability to communicate research study details clearly over the phone
- High degree of comfort with smart phones and app installation
- Experience using MiChart, LabVantage, and OnCore helpful
Days, Evenings, and Weekends.
This is a 1 year Term Limited Position. At the end of the stated term, the appointment will terminate and will not be eligible for Reduction in Force (RIF) benefits.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.