How to Apply
Include cover letter and a writing sample (brief biography of self, 300 words or less) with your CV.
- Cultivate, coordinate and maintain BSW field education placement affiliation agreements, and ongoing support to students, field instructors, and task supervisors.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement innovative recruitment programs to attract Social Work Students.
- Design and offer Field Instructor Workshops/Trainings, and offer curriculum support for BSW field education.
- Keep the social work website weekly updated, write and circulate Social Work Department Newsletter; update- Social Work department promotional materials and support the story telling of the social work department.
- Coordinate Continuing Education Workshops for Social Work and Substance Abuse Treatment and Intervention.
- Coordinate initiatives related to Social Work community forums, events and liaise with the Development Office.Serve as Chair to the Emergency Scholarship Fund and development related liaison.
- Support evening and weekend recruitment and orientation events – departmental, college and university.
- Field Liaison for development of BSW and SAT field sites, appropriately follow department policies and procedures addressing field student placement questions/issues; assist in the ongoing updates and revisions of field manuals, assist in the developing and implementation of field instructor trainings; .
- In collaboration with the Department’s Academic Advisor and the Department Chair, the Dean’s Office conduct outreach to facilitate the creation of new articulation agreements between UM-Flint Social Work Department and community colleges for pathways to social work and Substance Use Treatment and Interventions (SUTI).
BSW from a CSWE accredited program.
MSW from a CSWE accredited program.
Post BSW experience in a Human Service Agency.
Innovative leadership and ability to work with a variety of communities.
Two years post MSW experience in a Human Service Agency.
Eligible for licensure in the State of Michigan.
Knowledge of community colleges and communities served by UM-Flint.
A willingness to work with a strength based approach.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.