A research technician is wanted for an ongoing project in a basic science laboratory specializing in research in vision and ophthalmology. The position will entail laboratory bench work to study basic molecular and cellular biology.
- Perform routine molecular and cellular biology experimental procedures under the supervision of higher level research staff. These experimental procedures include but are not limited to DNA/RNA sample purification, protein extraction and quantification, PCR, Western blotting, microscopy, paraffin sectioning, and any other experimental protocols needed to move the project forward.
- Perform simple data analysis
- Perform literature search on specific topics
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited American university
- 1 year experience with biology-related projects
- Experience with molecular biology techniques including Western blotting, PCR, DNA/RNA extraction, and paraffin sectioning.
This is a 1 year term-limited appointment with opportunity for extension should funding allow. At the end of the stated term, the appointment will terminate and will not be eligible for Reduction in Force (RIF) benefits.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.