Why Join the Michigan Medicine Talent Acquisition Team?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 26,000 employees and the vision of the Human Resources Department is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems.
The Michigan Medicine Talent Team is seeking a Talent Acquisition Specialist who will focus on developing workforce planning and talent acquisition strategies at the institutional, departmental, and position level, identifying solutions for staffing a complex, changing organization with highly qualified employees.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day.
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings.
- We also offer team and individual opportunities for professional development.
- You’ll partner with hiring managers to thoughtfully develop full cycle recruitment strategies to source, screen, select, and retain employees. You’ll work towards the strongest results and metrics possible while building credibility through business savvy.
- You will analyze workforce and applicant sourcing trends to proactively identify and implement talent acquisition solutions which meet business objectives and enable a viable workforce.
- In collaboration with Michigan Medicine leadership, Communications, and other key partners, you’ll develop talent acquisition strategies which support a strong employer brand, for local and national job markets.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices and recommend process improvements to support continuous improvement of talent acquisition practices including job market data regarding supply and demand of top talent and competitive compensation.
- Develop sourcing techniques to identify and engage passive candidates with greatest potential for success at Michigan Medicine.
- Establish, maintain, and grow relationships with community organizations, professional organizations and employment agencies in order to ensure a steady pipeline of qualified talent.
- Partner with hiring managers and HR Business Partners to identify talent for at-risk departments and mission critical positions.
- Develop talent acquisition and community relations plans to support new building activations and expansions.
- Provide guidance consistent with Michigan Medicine institutional employment policies and procedures, state and federal employment law, to promote efficient, legal and inclusive hiring practices.
- Analyze and report metrics related to staffing and workforce diversity goals and develop action plans based upon findings.
- As part of the Talent Acquisition team, travel to recruitment and community events, as needed to ensure appropriate Michigan Medicine employer presence and identifying networking opportunities.
- Providing guidance and mentoring to assigned Talent Acquisition Associates on sourcing approach and productivity expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two years of full cycle talent acquisition experience (Developing Recruitment Strategies for Sourcing, Screening, Selection, and Retention). Specifically, experience in building successful candidate profiles, establishing rapport, appropriate candidate assessment and decision-making, and effectively selling, negotiating and closing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Human Resources or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with passive candidate sourcing and marketing via online platforms, including a strong knowledge of Boolean language and developing advanced search strings.
- A focus on excellent customer service and professional communication skills.
- Passion to engage, motivate and work with others within a diverse environment.
- Work independently, problem-solve, market ideas and implement creative solutions.
- Ability to travel within the University of Michigan Health System Campus (daily), routinely to other tri-county Michigan locations (approximately 10%), and outside of Michigan, as needed (less than 1%).
- Recruitment experience within a large healthcare organization.
- Demonstrated expertise in workforce planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft eRecruit and HealthcareSource pre-employment assessment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.