We, the staff and faculty of the U-M Comprehensive Cancer Center team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.
Each employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The Cancer Center is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care. Ensuring a Patient and Family centered experience according to the Health Systems Service Excellence Goals is a priority to our care of our patients. The individual chosen will be responsible for meeting the highest standards of customer service including, exhibiting a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
The position works with the Blue Team in the Cancer Center. Primarily responsible for checking patients out after their medical appointments, scheduling and coordinating future appointments, Infusion therapies, tests, Radiation Oncology (if needed) and procedures. Able to accurately and efficiently schedule patients utilizing MiChart. Able to identify the best available appointment type for the patient’s particular appointment. Takes payments for services. Able to request and process all patient payments; both co-pays and outstanding balances. Accurately reconciles and balances receipts and payments collected. Able to enter valid and complete information into Cadence. Follows protocols for verifying all patient demographics and insurance information. Other clerical duties such as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 0-2 years of experince.
- Previous clerical/medical records experience in an outpatient clinical setting is necessary.
- General office practices, ability to understand medical documentation and general knowledge of medical terminology is required.
- Demonstrated active listening, excellent verbal written, and information technology skills.
- Candidate must be an active team player and be able to work independently.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills are required along with outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated record of excellent attendance.
- Exhibits professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty, and staff. Able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment with accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of testing and procedures is desired.
- Knowledge of check-in & check-out process.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Computer programs is desired.
- Experience with EPIC is desired.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
Work schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:00pm.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.