How to Apply
To be considered, a cover letter and resume are required. The cover letter must be the leading page of your resume and should:
- Specifically outline the reasons for your interest in the position and
- Outline your particular skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Starting salaries will vary depending upon the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
This position will be filled at the senior salary range of $80,769 - $115,500 as the primary goal. The requirements listed below reflect the senior level expectation. However, applicants with lesser experience are encouraged to apply and may be considered if the primary goal is not met. Lesser-experienced candidates will be reviewed at an intermediate level salary range of $63,077 - $90,200.
The Information and Technology Services (ITS) organization at the University of Michigan has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer Senior working within the Infrastructure Networking Software Development team. This team creates a wide range of software to support the University’s network and related infrastructure. The Software Engineer Senior will use up-to-date software development practices to implement automation, create integrations between existing systems and build new applications.
In this position, our selected candidate will contribute towards:
- the automation of the deployment and management of networks
- creating applications to measure network performance metrics
- building platform to enable the analysis of sensitive data in a privacy-preserving manner
- implementing a next-generation network security architecture
- co-authoring academic and technical research papers
- collaborating with counterparts at other institutions to build open-source software tools
Our selected candidate will report to the Director of Networks in ITS Infrastructure Services. As part of a growing, high-performance team with expanding responsibilities, our selected candidate will have the opportunity to work in a very collaborative and dynamic environment to improve the quality of the University’s technical infrastructure using modern software tools and techniques.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills via email, letters and in person to teams and customers. This role requires someone who can work under minimal supervision, proactively anticipates and resolves problems and has the passion to meet or exceed customer expectations.
To learn more about ITS, visit our website: www.its.umich.edu/
The Software Engineer will use up-to-date software development practices to create and improve user-facing and internal applications.
- Implement user-facing and internal applications using modern software development techniques.
- Participate in all levels of application design, working with users, designers, communications experts, etc. to develop and deploy successful services.
- Evaluate existing applications, workflows and processes to identify areas for improvement and work with constituent groups to plan appropriate updates.
- Implement user-facing and internal applications using modern software development techniques.
- Design the overall architecture of applications.
- Create data architectures and implement schemas.
- Implement application code.
- Write test suites to test application code at all appropriate levels (unit testing, functional testing, etc).
- Contribute to open-source projects to fix bugs and implement features that are relevant to the University’s efforts and strategy.
- Collaborate with peers at other higher education institutions to implement open-source tools, as appropriate.
SERVICE IMPROVEMENTS (35%)
- Research and evaluate new technologies, processes and upgrades to existing systems.
- Identify shortcomings and gaps in established procedures or processes, making recommendations for improvements and developing solutions to implement improvements.
- Utilize analytical and communication skills in the development and modification of written procedures, processes and technical support knowledge base, resulting in content tailored to the level and type of audience for support and issue resolution.
- Demonstrate relationship-building and effective communication skills through active listening, sharing ideas and frequent communication with co-workers, vendors and other technical staff members resulting in recommendations and development of administration best practices and procedures shared and used by team members.
DEVELOPMENT OF SELF AND OTHERS (15%)
- Stay current with automation, software development and information security best practices and supporting technologies, as well as the threat environment and relevant advances in technologies which can include on-the-job training, attending technical courses or conferences, reading, research and testing.
- Develop and follow best practices, procedures and share knowledge with team members. Mentor lesser-experienced staff.
- Demonstrate skill development by actively participating in growth opportunities for continuous development and improvement and applying new skills/knowledge to the job as evidenced by the ability to efficiently and effectively perform assigned duties, resulting in meeting or exceeding customer expectations and performance metrics.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills when providing training and mentoring to other staff, resulting in the use and implementing the latest policies, procedures and best practices to accomplish tasks.
- Demonstrated initiative in participating in growth opportunities for continuous development and improvement.
Demonstrated ability to apply new skills and knowledge to the job and provide training and mentoring opportunities to others.
- Challenge self and others to critically evaluate strengths and weaknesses.
While not limited to the following, in this role our successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following organizational competencies:
Advancing the Mission
- Demonstrates knowledge of the primary mission of the University and Michigan Medicine.
- Accomplishes tasks through the formal and informal structures and hierarchies in the University.
- Demonstrates complex understanding of the multiple constituency groups with ability to describe expectations and purpose and issues of the constituency groups primarily served.
Creative Problem Solving / Strategic Thinking
- Demonstrates the ability to provide necessary attention to solve different level problems, often multitasking to solve moderate level problems.
- Defines problems, analyzes causes, identifies possible solutions, selects the best solution and develops action plans. Generates new ideas and goes beyond the status quo.
- Demonstrates the ability to use creative thinking to improve processes and solve complex problems.
Flexibility / Adaptability to Change
- Understanding and accepting the need for change, cooperating in implementation and constructively voicing concerns and proposing alternatives.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, implement and communicate effective change approaches within established and changing deadlines.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience as a Software Engineer or similar role in an IT support environment with responsibilities including information and workflow analysis, confidentiality, prioritization, analytical thinking along with the ability to work independently
- Experience with programming in Python
- Experience with Git and source code management
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms and software design
- Experience with consuming and/or implementing RESTful APIs
- Solid understanding of fundamental Linux operating system concepts
- Solid understanding of fundamental TCP/IP networking concepts
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience with continuous integrations tools like Jenkins or GitLab CI
- Experience with orchestration tools like Ansible or Salt
- Experience with web application frameworks like Django
- Experience with front-end web development
- Experience with data analysis methods and tools
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes or OpenShift
- May require may require occasional work during non-business hours and on weekends
- Punctual, regular and consistent attendance is required
- May require travel to various location on and off university campus
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The University of Michigan Information and Technology Services seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to maintain the excellence of the University and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
The University of Michigan Benefits Office is committed to offering a high-quality benefits package to support faculty, staff and their families. Learn more about our 2:1 retirement matching, healthcare plans with nationwide coverage including prescription drug coverage, three dental plans, a vision plan, flexible spending account, well-being programs, long-term disability, automatic life insurance, general legal services, three early childhood centers, time away from work and work-life programs to promote balance. Learn more at hr.umich.edu/benefits-wellness.
- The University of Michigan is No. 20 in the annual Times Higher Education world ranking, 2019.
- The University of Michigan is ranked No. 2 U.S. public university, 28th overall in The Wall Street Journal and Times Higher Education announced 09/05/2018.
- The University of Michigan maintained its ranking as the top U.S. public university in the QS World University Rankings for 2018-19, and ranked 20th among all institutions on the list, which was released 06/13/2018.
- The University of Michigan maintains No. 15 in Times Higher Education World University Rankings released 05/30/2018.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.